|Sector:||Finance & Accounting|
|Term Duration:||3 years 0 months|
|Recruitment Type:||Local Recruitment|
|Closing Date:||11/22/2021 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC|
The current position is that of Senior Financial Assistant within the borrowings group in Chennai (WFASC), which is an extension of the WFASF team in HQ. The incumbent will be supervised by the Financial Officer in WFASC, Chennai.
Terms of reference:
The Senior Financial Assistant will work as part of a team of professionals to meet the unit’s responsibilities as they relate to the accounting and pricing / valuation of financial instruments and implementation of various institutional projects. Responsibilities will include the following:-
• Verify trade set up and trade modifications.
• Ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of accounting entries and perform daily / weekly / monthly control activities for the Capital Markets’ portfolios. This includes, but is not limited to maintaining the ledgers, and identifying, investigating, and resolving system-to-system reconciliation and accounting flow breaks
• Monitor and analyze accounting results as they relate to the Capital Markets’ portfolios, to ensure they are consistent with expectations and business objectives or deviations (if any) are justified and adequately documented.
• Review for quality assurance of market data, evaluate data sources, and verify the data for reliability
• Develop expectations, perform analysis, prepare, and present sign-off commentaries, suggest, and implement solutions in a pro-active manner
• Prepare various financial and management reports, as required by the department or other stakeholders.
• Support institutional projects, business initiatives and new product implementations, as and when required. This would include performing requirement gathering and documentation, design review and analysis, user acceptance testing, implementation and maintenance of systems supporting various portfolios.
• Collaborate with business and information technology teams across locations to address system issues and implement solutions promptly.
• Assist in coordination with or responding to requests from external and internal auditors.
• Provide services to clients within and outside the Bank by providing financial information and assistance, as needed.
• Proactively interact with Treasury (TRE) and other business units, as required to stay abreast of new / proposed activities that may have accounting, valuation or reporting implications.
• Stay abreast of accounting pronouncements and industry best practices as they relate to accounting / pricing of financial instruments.
• Continually look for opportunities to improve processes and internal controls. Be responsible for promoting controls and ensuring compliance in WFA.
• Maintain and develop processes, procedures, documentation, and internal controls around portfolios handled, with the objective of increasing efficiency and accuracy.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree(s) in Accounting, Finance, and/or Economics and a minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• CA/CPA/ACCA/CGMA and/or FRM/CFA. Master’s degree(s) in Accounting, Finance, and/or Economics may be considered in lieu of CPA/CA/ACCA/CGMA and/or FRM/CFA.
• Professional experience in finance and accounting areas with a public / private financial institution (including IFC/IBRD) or the finance / treasury function of a public / private corporation.
Core Technical Knowledge:
• Good knowledge of treasury products / financial instruments (i.e., capital and money market instruments – particularly fixed income instruments)
• Good knowledge of Murex / Summit or other front-to-back treasury systems, integrated financial systems such as SAP, SAP BI/BO reporting tools would be a distinct advantage
• Good understanding of market data requirements for capital / investment market transactions and knowledge of Bloomberg / Reuters
• Proven quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, including excellent spreadsheet and skills. Familiarity with financial modeling techniques, programming languages (e.g., Python), writing macros will be a plus
• Ability to contribute to team performance with strong interpersonal and communication skills
• A positive and self-starter attitude (motivation, drive, initiative); and ability to work in a team-oriented, and multi-cultural environment
• Capacity to deliver results and respond quickly and effectively to requests. Ability and desire to meet tight deadlines.
• Flexibility to perform a variety of tasks and expand the scope of work and responsibilities; committed to achieving individual and team results
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skill
• Highest ethical standards
• Client understanding and advising – Looks at issues from the client’s perspective and takes action beyond normal expectations to ensure client satisfaction. Analyzes situations and determines alternative or creative scenarios and approaches to add value to the business in new and different ways.
• Broad business thinking – Keeps informed on business operations. Inquires about the relationship of delivered support/services to the business as it pertains to assigned area of responsibility and related projects
• Project management – Sets personal objectives and goals and manages use of own time. Works towards accomplishing objectives. Learns from mistakes and adjusts goals and courses of action to meet changing needs. Sets priorities for his/her work to stay on top of the workload and tackle the most important issues first. Considers work/project timelines and the time it takes to get things done.
• Analytical thinking – Gathers and links data. Reviews for non-conformity and gathers further information in response to problems. Collates and reports information. Identifies direct cause-and effect relationships. Identifies trends and exceptions. Investigates to define problems more accurately. Assembles ideas, issues, and observations into a clear and useful explanation. Is prepared to look beyond the data for solutions.
• Policies and procedure – Demonstrates knowledge of the most used policies and procedures and applies them. Can exercise independent judgement regarding relevant policies and procedures.
• Risks and controls – Demonstrates understanding of key risks and internal control procedures in related processes. Ability to identify key risks and mitigating control steps in own functional areas. Perform internal control procedures in compliance with the overall risk and control framework. Takes proactive measures to know the internal control procedures.
• Information technology and systems – Exhibits working knowledge of key information technology and main systems in own function areas. Effectively utilize such technologies and systems to successfully carry out work program.
• Communication – Utilizes appropriate tools and techniques to explain technical information in plain language. Presents information in a logical and organized manner both in speech and in writing. Writes effective correspondence, prepares questions and reports, statements of circumstance and briefing notes.
Source – World Bank Group Website
Tagged as: accajobs, Accountingjobs, bachelor'sjobs, cajobs, career2021, chennaijobs, cpajobs, Experiencedjobs, financejobs, Fresherjobs, indianjobs, job2021, latestjobvacancies, master'sjobs, World Bank Group Jobs
Job ID:R0148732 Location: Bangalore & Jaipur The Payments Processing Operator is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of all...Apply For This Job
Job Title Associate – Corporate Finance Job ID 56361 Category General Consulting Employment Type Permanent Full-Time Location(s) New Delhi WHAT...Apply For This Job
Requisition ID: 248950 JOB SUMMARY Performs a variety of professional accounting activities in support of Client Billing Operations. Duties include preparation of...Apply For This Job
Location: Bengaluru Other locations: Primary Location Only Salary: Competitive Job description Requisition ID: 553554 At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career...Apply For This Job
Job Req ID: 23502 Location: Mumbai, IN Function: Commercial/ Finance About: Role Reporting & MIS – FP&A Job Level/ Designation M2 /...Apply For This Job
At Flex, we welcome people of all backgrounds. Our employees thrive here by living our values: we support each other...Apply For This Job