India is among the top ten priority markets for General Mills, and hosts our Global Shared Services Centre. This is the Global Shared Services arm of General Mills Inc., which supports its operations worldwide. With over 1,300 employees in Mumbai, the center has capabilities in the areas of Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Digital and Technology, Sales Capabilities, Consumer Insights, ITQ (R&D & Quality), and Enterprise Business Services. Learning and capacity-building is a key ingredient of our success.
Shift Timings: 1.30 PM to 10.30 PM
This role exists to provide work directly and support GM business partners i.e. Controllers, Corporate Finance, Operating Units, etc. and ensuring flawless service delivery in consistent and standardized manner across the teams.
This role entails as a Statutory Audit COE team member, who will support Local controllers / accountants in Statutory Financial Reporting and other local filings.
Candidates must possess a proven ability work effectively with multiple layers within an organization, especially experience working with Finance COE team. Individual in this role is expected to have excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and anticipate needs.
10 % of Time Operational Excellence
• Manage quarterly, year-end Financial Reporting
• Understand data flow across sub ledger process to help provide resolution
• Having hands on experience on systems i.e. SAP, Workiva, Blackline, HFM, Financial Reporting
• Tactical knowledge on Chart of accounts set up & organization
• Escalate issues to appropriate personnel to get timely resolution.
• Works in collaboration with the Local Business Controller teams in ensuring timely and accurate completion of financial reporting tasks
70% of Time Statutory Financial Reporting
• Subject matter expertise & hands-on with Statutory US & Local GAAPs (IFRS), HFM, Consolidation
• Knowledge of US GAAP / IFRS and international auditing standards
• Experience with international tax structures and the translation of these structures to the financial statements
• Pro-actively maintains up to date knowledge of Accounting Standards and Regulations impacting General Mills.
• Lead & prepare various schedules required for internal and external reporting on a GAAP, statutory reporting basis, financial reports such as balance sheets, income statements, cash flow statements and footnote schedules.
• Pro-actively seeks areas to improve both the Statutory Reporting process Statutory reporting process & related internal processes
• Liaise with auditors and internal team as appropriate, so as to ensure that all local GAAP requirements are fulfilled
• Planning and Preparing Financial Statements –
o Coordinate and plan the preparation of Financial statements of Global Market / Markets (EUAU/ ASLA/ NAR)
o Initiate and prepare the financial statements in the reporting tool (Workiva & SAP) with at most accuracy.
o Get the financials reviewed by business controller / tax consultants / auditors and book the necessary adjustments in reporting tool and SAP.
o Support in filing the financials to relevant local authorities.
o Ensure proper and robust documentation from SOX and internal controls perspective
10% of Time • Developing Tool / Automation
o Develop templates in reporting tool (Workiva) as per the local market requirements.
o Supporting business controllers in UAT.
o Logical and critical thinking in providing inputs / suggestions for process optimization and automation.
o Create & manage SOPs / OPLs for each market with regards to Statutory Financial reporting and filings.
10% of Time Other Initiatives
• Assist & Support US GAAP / Local Entity Audit
• Support & actively participate on transformation project
• Deliver Service level agreements (SLA’s)
• Planning and execution of business continuity
• Drive efficiencies in the process
• Create an environment of continuous improvement to simplify or automate work
• Responsible for compliance with General Mills policies and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
• Work/Collaborate on Site wide initiatives
Education and Experience:
Minimum Degree Requirements: Post graduation
Preferred Degree Requirements: Masters, Postgraduates
Preferred Major Area of Study: Finance & Accountancy
Required Professional Certifications: CA, Dip IFRS / ACCA / CMA / MBA
Preferred Professional Certifications: CA, Dip IFRS / ACCA / CMA / MBA
Minimum years of related experience required: CA (3-4 years) IFRS+MBA (6-8 years)
Preferred years of related experience: CA (3-4 years) IFRS+MBA (6-8 years)
CA is mandatory
Specific Job Experience or Skills Needed:
– CA / CMA / CPA / Dip IFRS / ACCA degree in Accounting
– Strong technical accounting background.
– At least 3-4 years of Financial reporting / corporate accounting experience is required
– Hands on experience on Statutory US GAAP / local GAAP financial reporting is a must
– Strong Excel and database skills, Access experience preferred
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills & organizational skills
– Demonstrates a commitment to teamwork through own actions
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to interact effectively with all levels throughout Company organization
– SAP FICO / S4 Hana experience Preferred
– Workiva / Other Financial Reporting Tool experience also preferred
Competencies/Behaviors required for job:
– Lead Innovation
– Financial Reporting
– Financial Acumen
– Analytical Skills
Source – General Mills Website
Tagged as: accajobs, Accountingjobs, cajobs, career2021, cmajobs, cpajobs, Diplomajobs, Experiencedjobs, financejobs, Fresherjobs, General Mills Jobs, indianjobs, job2021, latestjobvacancies, mumbaijobs
Job Identification Position Title: GCF Level: Operations Associate II B2 Function: Operations/Supply Chain > Operations – Generalist Location: Chennai Business...Apply For This Job
Job Title Associate – Corporate Finance Job ID 56361 Category General Consulting Employment Type Permanent Full-Time Location(s) New Delhi WHAT...Apply For This Job
Job no: RMG-965047 Work type: Permanent – Full time Location: Gurugram Category: Junior, Accounting & Finance Group: Risk Management Group Division: Internal Audit This is an...Apply For This Job
What this job involves: Responsibilities: New Client code creation New Contract creation New Project Code creation Set up Client address...Apply For This Job
Job Description – Claim / Payment Processing Key roles & responsibilities: Distributors Rebate Claims Processing – Verification of claims against...Apply For This Job
India-Mumbai-Mumbai | Full-time (FT) | Wealth Management | Job ID 208054 Your field of responsibility Join us as a fixed income fund analyst for mutual...Apply For This Job