At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY- Assurance – Senior
As part of our EY-Assurance Team, you would be the main point of contact from GDS for the tasks assigned by the global client serving assurance teams and be responsible for the timeliness and
quality of deliverables along with managing day to day operations of those engagements.
We’re looking for candidates who possess technical knowledge, including ability to interpret reviews and accounting standards and strong project management skills along with excellent
communication and leadership skills. GDS seniors would have associate level personnel to work with at GDS and get the tasks executed from them along with performing a review as a senior, which is
defined by the Global client serving assurance teams.
Your key responsibilities
• Lead an engagement from the GDS front and ensure the team delivers timely and high-quality
work, as per EY Global Audit Methodology and in line with the Global team expectations.
• Demonstrate strong understanding of aligned engagement and EY GAM while performing
reviews of procedures performed by GDS staff, along with knowledge of EY tools to make
reviews more efficient and meaningful.
• Develop and maintain productive relationships with key EY Global counterparts like
Assurance executives based out of Americas or Europe.
• Develop an understanding of EY Quality and Risk Management procedures and ensure these
are embedded into the engagement team’s work.
• Proactively discuss workflow management with the assurance teams, allocating resources to
the assigned work and monitoring performance against standards. Monitor utilization for
one’s team, budget to actuals, and other operational matters.
• Demonstrate professionalism, competence and clarity of communication when dealing with
GDS and Global teams.
• Establish expectations of value to be delivered to the respective GDS Global teams aligned.
• Identify opportunities to improve the scope of work for GDS on one’s own engagements.
• Standardize review processes along with leveraging best practices across one’s aligned
engagements or beyond.
• Motivate and lead one’s GDS team members, identify and foster key talents, coach and
supervise team members.
• Be responsible for various operational matters related to engagements aligned.
• Conduct timely performance reviews and provide performance feedback/training. Lead by
Skills and attributes for success
• Knowledge of Indian accounting and assurance standards or knowledge of IFRS / UK GAAP
/ US GAAP and International review standards is an added advantage.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Effective interpersonal, risk management, facilitation and presentation skills
• Project management, leadership, coaching, counselling and supervisory skills
• Robust logical and reasoning skills
• Ability to spread positive work culture, teaming and live EY values.
• The ability to quickly form strong working relationship with colleagues in India and global
To qualify for the role, you must have
• Qualified Chartered Accountant (ICAI)
• Articleship with other big four or mid-tier accounting firms
• ACCA / CPA with 2+ years of relevant work experience
• Non-Qualified (B. Com) with 3+ years of relevant work experience in Assurance.
• 0-2 years post-qualification experience with either
a) Mid-or top-tier accounting firm focused on external or Assurance reviews
b) MNC or larger domestic Indian companies, preferably within a Shared Service
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Proficiency in MS – Office and Outlook. • Interest in business and commerciality.
What we look for
• A Team of people with commercial acumen, technical experience and enthusiasm to learn
new things in this fast-moving environment
• An opportunity to be part of a market-leading, multi-disciplinary team in the only
integrated global assurance business worldwide.
• Opportunity to work with EY GDS Assurance practices globally with leading businesses
across a range of industries
Source – Ernst and Young Website
Tagged as: accajobs, Accountingjobs, bcomjobs, cajobs, career2022, cpajobs, Ernst and young jobs, Experiencedjobs, financejobs, Fresherjobs, Gurgaonjobs, indianjobs, job2022, latestjobvacancies, mcomjobs, myjobpocket
What this job involves: • Prepare timely and accurate monthly property financial statements for most complex properties, generally a 5...Apply For This Job
What this job involves: Generate and distribute daily, weekly and monthly management reports in accurate and timely manner. Develops MIS...Apply For This Job
With a startup spirit and 90,000+ curious and courageous minds, we have the expertise to go deep with the world’s...Apply For This Job
Experience 4 to 8 Years Qualification Inter CA/MBA(Finance)/M. Com Job Description: 4+ years of accounting experience with small / medium...Apply For This Job
Last application date: 23 Feb 2022 We offer As an employee with Maersk GSC you will be part of a working...Apply For This Job
What would you do? Undertake all GST related tax processes and compliances (GST Implementation experience in Retail Industry is mandatory)...Apply For This Job