Asian Paints Limited (APL)
Corporate Finance (CFIN)
|Job Title||Officer – Legal||Department||Legal|
|Reporting to||Chief Manager – Legal||Grade||OLI/OLII|
|Jobs Reporting Into||NA||Location/Unit||Head office|
|Ø Provide commercially relevant, practical and proactive legal services to the company|
|Business Responsibility Areas
(Please detail out at least 8-10 responsibility areas)
|Key Performance Indicators|
1. Prepare, negotiate and review legal agreements governing commercial relationships with third party companies with whom the company has dealings
1. Manage and conduct litigation involving the company (including recoveries, general commercial, intellectual property litigation, prosecution, consumer liability etc.)
1. Manage and safeguard Trade marks and Group patents in conjunction with Corporate Intellectual Property Department
2. Conduct raids on duplicates, lookalikes and infringers with the help of agency
3. Maintain MIS and assist in IPR software and tools
1. Provide timely support to the Distribution, Supply and logistics functions including Manufacturing units
2. Recovery matters – draft/issue legal notices for outstanding dues with vendors/dealers
Working knowledge of legal portals:
1. Circulate MIS on status of contract on portal
2. Coordinate with other functions/users on issues and resolutions regarding portal
1. Act as a Legal SPOC with all external consultants
2. Help in invoice/GST related queries
a) Process PO/Invoices of Advocates/Consultants/Agencies etc. This involves lot of co-ordination with Vendors and SSC team.
b) Co-ordinating with Commercial team/Plants etc for issue Power of Attorney, maintaining Notary register, ensuring signature in register.
c) Supporting legal team in all their miscellaneous work like sending recovery notices, arranging meetings, co-ordinating with lawyers for status of cases, co-ordinating with admin team/office attendant for franking of documents, recording minutes of the meeting etc.
d) Support to Home Improvement team/Joint venture for their recovery matters.
e) Working on MS word and Excel extensively. Assisting legal team for preparing PPT on various issues.
f) Helping Legal team on Legal portal, Litigation Portal and IPR Portal to update all pending and active cases – Pan India.
|Scope of Work|
|a) Financial Scope (Range of financial spend):||· NA|
|b) People Management Scope (Range of no. of Direct/ Indirect Reports):||NA|
|c) Geography Coverage (Country-wide/ State-wide / Area-wide)||· State wide/area wide|
|d) Corporate Coverage (Company-wide / Business Unit or Function-wide / Sub-function-wide / Other):||· Business units/function wide|
|Internal||· Sales, Commercial, Supply chain, Marketing, Customer Centricity, SSC|
|External||· Solicitors and Lawyers|
· Experience of working in law firm as a Secretary or experience in Corporate Legal team and Para legal.
· 2-4 years
· Work experience with a recognised law firm
|Functional Competencies||· Robust knowledge of local laws and regulations
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively convey legal advice and documentation in a commercially sound and relevant manner
|Behavioral Competencies||· Building successful partnerships
· Impactful communication
· Execution Excellence
· Customer centricity
0.00 to 3.00 years
Source – Asian Paints Limited Website
Job Identification 8231 Job Category Finance Job Schedule Full time JOB DESCRIPTION JOB DUTIES: This is an integral FP&A role in the Resideo...Apply For This Job
Business Function Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a...Apply For This Job
Career area – Finance & Accounting Location – Bangalore, Karnataka India Job ID31572 WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR? We are...Apply For This Job
Description Job description Handle costing and inventory management Preparing internal and corporate MIS GST refund management Revenues accounting , sale...Apply For This Job
India-Mumbai-Mumbai | Full-time (FT) | Operations | Job ID – 190123 Your field of responsibility Your responsibilities include: • Being part of the team you...Apply For This Job
What this job involves: You will be part of the Real Estate Intelligence Service (REIS) team that tracks real estate...Apply For This Job